Vote for change. Running Water will get my vote.

open your ears...


Saturday, December 29, 2007

now for a list...

a list of music. might you expect something different? nope. nailed you again. below is a grouping of some of my recent faves. check them out. do your own freaking due diligence.

animal collective:

yeasayer

mgmt

cat power

rogue wave

band of horses

okkervil river

phosphorescent

beirut

division day

sea wolf

margot and the nuclear so and so's

ohsees

daniel higgs

2 comments:

About said...

Okay, my two cents:

Animal Collective is sometimes fun but gets more and more unlistenable with each cd, Strawberry Jam being the main case as their latest. Their last two were GREAT, though. If you like them, you should listen to their spinoff band, Panda Bear. I like Yeasayer, and need to listen to them more. I also agree with your MGMT analysis. Cat Power is good chillin music. Asleep as Heaven's Gate was not as good as their last cd, but I like Rogue Wave's pop-accessibility. Everything all the time is not just my favorite BoH cd, it's one of my faves of all time. The Funeral and The Great Salt Lake are fantastic. If you like Okk's "Black Sheep Boy", I need to get you their new cd, because it rocks. I have minimal exposure to both Phosphorescent and Sea Wolf, but I've had some of their songs on my playlist this year and like them. The other few are new to me, so I will check them out...love love...

BB said...

i'm going to have to disagree with you on animal collective. yes, it is noise to some extent, but it is organized noise and sometimes it even takes a few listens to understand the arrangement. and the arrangement is generally so simple. as far as the lyrics go, they remind me a bit of ginsberg-meets-william carlos williams. intruiging.

the paper trail

i know who you are...