
yes, they are good. i wouldn't listen to them if they were not. nailed you.
so here's the good word:
mgmt is a little like radiohead. but mostly like the radiohead that radiohead used to be, with a little more pop sensibility and indie wit. radiohead gives flashes of such brilliance, and radiohead is still a "better" band overall, but mgmt is so much easier to listen to. the electro-indie-pop is something that you could simultaneously dance/drive/write/have a few libations to. in other words, it is perfect. i miss the jimmy morrison-type artists that looked at their music as...drumbeat..... ART!!!! yeah, that's right folks, music should be art, and not just a hook, or something clever, or something consumable. art is art. it makes you question beauty. it gives you new ways to arrange thought. it is possibilities, not options and formulas.
give them a listen:



3 comments:
i like them too.
in other news, a character in "The Stand" (which I am reading now) tells a story about how he worked at a gas station as a teen and swears he saw Jimbo walk into the gas station a few years after he was claimed dead. It was a cool passage of the book. You should read it after you finish Dark Tower. Flagg is the main evil character in it. It's awesome.
Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of what the indie-things is all about. I actually like some of the music you & Michael have posted (even though Kaitlin still thinks I'm a dinosaur).
OK, tell me something about the Dark Tower. Is this a series and who is the arthur?
Post a Comment